Sunday, January 01, 2006

Sluts and Stars

Well hi there reader/s.

I'm writing this post from the hostel where I'm staying in Hollywood. And for all of those under the impression that California is the land of sun, surf and stars, what I am about to divulge is something you may want to not read.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Hollywood is filled with homeless/unemployed people, sex shops posing as 'fashion' outlets and all with a tacky helping of Americana.

*END SPOILER*

All that aside, it's an alright place. I have some pictures of places but the computers here do not have USB connections so I can't upload them. I'll make a CD and distribute when i get home methinks.

I went to Graumann's Chinese Theatre today. It's great. I was the only one who paid the $5 to do the walking tour so me and the guy had a neat time just riffing and chatting about America, Australia and of course the theatre.

And all those out there playing the 'What Famous Person Does Matt Look Like?" pool, those who have placed bets on Johnny Depp will get a huge boost. My feet and hands fit perfectly into Mr Depp's at Graumann's. So rejoice all those who have that wager.

The bad thing is that it is raining. In my entire US trip, I have had one clear day. ONE! The others have been raining or overcast.

I'm going to the Chronic (WHAT?) les of Narnia today due to rain. But later tonight it's the New Year's Eve 'party' at the hostel. But Happy New Year to you all back in Australia as it's already happened. It should be around 6am on the 1st of Jan 2006 there at the moment.

It was good talking to those I could get a hold of yesterday. But I'll see you all real soon. I'm back on the 4th of Jan 2006 Aussie Time.

Well I'm bored. Seeing if anyone is on MSN. (I doubt it) And my doubts prove correct.

Oh I had my first American McDonalds today. It was okay. We have better OJ but they have better sausage. (Nothing Suss!)

I'm really looking forward to coming home. I'll have my own bed in my room. Plus I'll get to see you all back in Australia again.

Take care all and the deadline for requests for items is 24 hours from now. So you have until 6am Jan 2nd 2006 to email or note me any specific requets for items.

Take care all and I'll catch you on the flipside.

-Matthew

No comments: